Minor Update, GDPR…
Mike again with some small updates… still waiting on Lad and Mace to start using the site to announce stuff… That aside, couple of things to note this posting:
- Status Indicator for episode progress on the right, this will be updated as we reach different phases of the process in releasing an episode. Thanks to rctgamer3 for digging up this old gem of a plugin.
- GDPR: Where do I start on this… while the site itself is hosted and operated out of Canada, the GDPR is not necessarily 100% applicable here, but that being said, Canada does have some of its own stringent privacy laws (which you can see here).
Long version: here’s what you can expect here at Doremi Fansub’s site in regards to your personal data:
- Personal Information (Name/Pseudonym, E-Mail, etc.): We only collect basic identifying/contact information in order to identify who you are as a user in relation to how you interact with our site. It is not shared with any outside parties beyond needs to comply with lawful requests from law enforcement or governmental agencies (typically with a signed warrant, writ, court order, etc.) or to report a user’s unlawful activities to the appropriate authorities. You are free to request a copy of your data or that it be removed at any time by contacting the server administrator (Michael Artelle, aka. mike_art03a via the e-mail address listed at the bottom of the page). Please note that requesting the removal of all your data means that your user account will be deleted as well and you will no longer be able to interact with this site (comments section, etc.).
- Comment Data: Please note that we employ a filtering service known as Akismet to help us catch and filter out spam. Your comment will be sent out to be analyzed to ensure that it is not a spam message. Identifying information is not shared with the Akismet beyond your unique User ID number (unique to our site only) and/or IP address so that your post can be registered under the right user.
- Analytics: Please note that we employ the use of analytics software both locally on the server as wells as externally (via. Google Analytics, WordPress JetPack). We only collect basic information about your current location (via. geolocation of your IP address), browser type, OS and/or other basic system information in order to help us optimize and troubleshoot the site, as well as to give us an idea of who our users/viewers are (as a generalized whole, not on a personal level, even I find that creepy). This information is not sold or kept longer than 30 days at a time, as it is simply used as a tool to help us deliver the best possible user experience.
- Spam Filtering, Malicious User Detection and Mitigation: We employ the use of a couple of anti-spam, anti-hack plugins to help protect the site against malicious users and attackers. They may transmit a small amount of information to their respective authors in order to identify and/or neutralize potential threats to the site. This information usually consists of your IP address, user-agent (browser name, OS, etc) and nothing more.
- Secure SSL Connection: We employ the use of SSL/TLS to encrypt all traffic to and from our server to your computer and vice-versa. As such, your information is transmitted and stored in a secure format (Please note, this assumes that you are directly connected to our server and not via a proxy, VPN or some other third-party. They may employ tools that can intercept, analyze/store, and then relay this traffic unbeknownst to you or us).
- Other Notes: I’ve tried to cover everything here to the best of my abilities about what you can expect, but I’m sure I missed or glossed over something. If you have any concerns, questions or comments. Please feel free to contact me via. e-mail and I’ll be glad to do what I can to address them.
Well that’s it for this long-winded post, hope you folks have a great week!